Barcelona Day 1

Barca 1 1

So, the time has come! I bet for a little while there you thought you had gotten away without having to endure post after post of my holiday pics didn’t you?? WRONG! I’ve just been lulling you into a false sense of security! You are now about to see LOTS of them – and they’re only from the first day! Sorry!

When I say first day, I mean first full day, as with the lack of sleep the night before, all the excitement of finding out I was headed to Barcelona for a few days and navigating the Spanish train system for the first time, we were pretty bushed, so the night we arrived we simply knocked back our complimentary champers, grabbed some Dim Sum and flopped into what looked like the comfiest bed in the world (FYI – it was. So. Many. Pillows). We were ready to make up for that bright and early the next day though, and there was one specific thing right at the top of my agenda. The sea!

Little known fact of the day: while I’m a Brummie at heart and have lived here most of my life, I was actually born in Scarborough. Even after we moved here we spent pretty much every school holiday back there with my Grandparents, so I have a natural affinity with the sea. I now, of course, live pretty much as far away as you can get from the sea in England, so any chance to see it, even just a glimpse from the roadside, induces ridiculous levels of excitement in me. The squealing kind, which my companion was really happy about… Thankfully he seems to like me so he put up with me dragging him at high speed directly to the coast line and we had a wonderful day… well just walking actually. Walking, drinking Sangria, eating our body weight in food – including the best burger I’ve ever eaten in Makamaka Beach Bar, check it out if you visit and make sure you try the Superfreak – and soaking up the sights. It’s probably the most exercise I’ve done for quite a while actually, and my legs were actually pretty sore the next day! It was worth it though. I’m ashamed to admit that when we made it back to the hotel at around 9pm I was all tuckered out and ready to get back in that lovely bed again. I know, just when the locals were heading out for dinner! Oh well. What can I say? I’m getting old. And we’d planned a hard days shopping the next day, so it only made sense to get some rest!

So here are a few highlights from day 1. Don’t worry, there are still plenty more to come…..!



Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s